The Original Karma Calendar is a 27-day task calendar based on the Noble Eightfold Path that guides a practitioner towards cultivating Good Karma on a regular basis. Everyday a task, and a bead to thread on a lanyard, and 27 days later you have completed 27 good karma tasks and made a wrist mala to celebrate the journey. Daily deeds create measurable results. Karma Calendar includes a lanyard with genuine gemstone guru bead (choose either amethyst or aquamarine) and 27 palmwood beads behind the doors. Karma Calendar will change how you relate to yourself, and the world around you.
The Buddha of the Six Perfections on the cover of our Original Karma Calendars is a replica of an original thanka hand-painted by a student at the Choki Traditional Art School (CTAS) in Bhutan. This artwork represents Buddha surrounded by the Six Perfections (Paramitas): generosity (dāna), morality (sīla), patience (kṣānti), enthusiastic perseverance (vīrya), meditation (dhyāna), and wisdom (prajñā). These virtues describe our true nature, sometimes hidden beneath delusion and fear. By cultivating these perfections we are expressing our own enlightened self and inherent Buddha nature.
The mission of Choki Traditional Art School (CTAS) is to provide university-level training in the traditional arts and crafts to disadvantaged youth of Bhutan, thereby creating an ongoing means of support for these children and their families. The children of CTAS hand-paint traditional Buddhist thankas as part of their training. We purchase these original artworks from them, reproduce them on our Karma Calendars, and donate a portion of every sale to their school. For more information about CTAS, click here, or go to their website www.chokischool.com
• Associated with Dana (cultivation of transcendental generosity).
• A stone of courage and protection.
• Represents the ideal of service for the greater good.
• Allows for safe voyages and safeguarding sailors, connects wearer with the nature sprits of the sea.
• Calms fears and phobias.
• Astrological sign of Pisces and Aries, month of March.
• Vibrates to the number 1.
• Aquamarine's primary chakra is the Throat Chakra (Vishuddha), which encourages self-expression and realizing inner-most truths.
• Associated with Dhyana (cultivation of transcendental meditation).
• A stone of spirituality and contentment.
• Representative of the principles of complete metamorphosis.
• Amethyst is often been associated with psychic abilities and is said to help the wearer gain clarity and spiritual focus.
• Natural stress reliever, encourages inner-strength, a stone of recovery.
• Astrological signs of Aquarius and Pisces, month of February.
• Vibrates to the number 3.
• Amethyst's primary chakra is the Third-Eye Chakra (Ajna), which connects the physical plane with higher realms.
The Maitri Karma Calendar for Partners is a 27-day task calendar full of all new tasks, and comes with two lanyards, two beads behind every door, and makes two full wrist malas. Everyday partners do a task for good relationship karma, each partner threads a bead on their lanyard, and 27 days later you have completed 27 good karma tasks and both partners have made a wrist mala to celebrate the journey. Exploring this Maitri Karma Calendar with a partner will give practitioners a better understanding of how karmas effect relationships, and how relationships reflect karmas – all told through simple daily tasks and the Noble Eightfold Path. This will change every relationship in your life, including the primary one you have with your self.